Hilton Head Island Hacks
1.) Get a table at A Lowcountry Backyard
Not to be missed – A Lowcountry Backyard should be on everyone’s Hilton Head Island bucket list! It’s famous for its seafood cuisine and boasts a casual, fun atmosphere. Insider tip: they don’t accept reservations, so here are some ways to beat the rush:
- Come for lunch- everyone else is at the beach
- Eat an early bird dinner- the restaurant opens for dinner at 4:30 p.m.
- If you have to wait, enjoy the full bar! Eat appetizers, enjoy live entertainment, and play the variety of games, including putt-putt and cornhole.
2.) Beach with ease! Love the beach but hate the hassle? Here are a few hacks to simplify your beach day and maximize your relaxation:
- Use a sheet instead of a towel (fitted sheets will keep sand out).
- Bring a tent if you have small children.
- Clean out a lotion bottle and use it as a safe spot for your money, keys, etc.
- Throw a bottle of baby powder in your bag – it easily removes sand from skin and hair.
- Place your phone in a plastic sandwich bag to keep it protected from sand, sunscreen and water.
- All beaches on Hilton Head Island are public, but there are only 4 public beach access points:
- Alder lane
- Coligny Circle Beach
- Driessen Beach Park
- Folly Field
At these access points you will find parking, lifeguards on duty, restrooms, showers, and beach equipment rentals.
- Don’t bring alcohol or glass – it’s illegal and enforced.
- Leave Fido at home – pets aren’t allowed on the beach between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Protect the sea turtles. Read how, here!
3.) Ride bikes and have them delivered to you, FOR FREE Hilton Head Island has more than 50 miles of bike and nature trails to explore. Ready to cruise through the island? Contact The Bike Doctor, and they will deliver your rental to you – FOR FREE! Mention their ad in the Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort map and get $5 off your rental.
Do you have your own Hilton Head Island Hacks?
For more island events visit http://www.hhimotorcoachresort.com/events/month/
Posted In: News