Tennis on Hilton Head Island
The resort is upgrading with brand new tennis courts! Improvements will begin on June 22, and will be complete in approximately 8 weeks. Our existing courts have served us well over the last 35 years, but it’s time to renovate. During the upgrades, we will remove four of our courts and replace them from the ground up with pristine areas for play.
The new and improved courts will feature:
- Root barriers to prevent bumps and cracks
- New, asphalt-based surfaces
- Fresh paint in royal blue
- Replacement nets and fences
- Branded windscreens on fences for focused play
- Lines for pickleball play
While upgrades are underway:
- 2 courts will remain open for resort play
- Additionally, our friends at the nearby Island Rec Center have invited guests and owners to play tennis and pickleball during this time. The Chaplin Tennis Courts at the Island Rec Center are first come, first serve and they are FREE! Additionally, you can play pickleball there for $1 a day. Here’s how to get there from the resort:
Looking for an alternate option? There are also public courts located at Chaplin Park, situated mid-island off US 278. The Chaplin Park courts feature:
- Six (6) hard courts with lights (lights automatically shut off at 10pm)
- Restrooms and water
The full address is:
Chaplin Park Tennis Center
639 William Hilton Parkway (at Singleton Beach Road)
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Check back or like us on Facebook for up-to-date information on the upgrades as we have them. If you have specific questions, we would be happy to talk to you. You can call us at (800) 722-2365.
September 5, 2015
UPDATE: Our beautiful, new courts are completed! Play has resumed.
June 26, 2015
UPDATE: The upgrades are moving along nicely. The asphalt on the old courts has now been removed, and together with the old fencing, has been recycled.
July 10, 2015
UPDATE: The trucks are lined up and ready to start pouring the asphalt for the new courts.
Posted In: News